Mubarak Baad

Saare Musalmano Ko EID-E-MILADUNNABI Sallallaho Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam Mubarak

Monday, February 27, 2012

Repentance(Toubah)

Sayyiduna Malik bin Dinar Radiyallaaho T`aalaa A`nho was once asked about the reason for his repentance. He replied, “I Radiyallaaho T`aalaa A`nho was an officer in the police force. I committed sins on a regular basis and drank alcohol. I Radiyallaaho T`aalaa A`nho had one daughter who I loved very much. She passed away at the age of two. I became lost in grief. That year when the 15th of sha’ban [Shab-e-Barat] arrived, I did not even read recite Isha prayer. I drank lots of alcohol and in this drunken state I fell asleep.

While I was asleep, I saw in my dream that it was the end of time. The dead were rising from their graves and forming groups. Just then I felt a movement behind me. I turned around to see a gigantic snake with its mouth open ready to attack me. With fright I started to run and the snake began to chase me. Just then, I saw the luminous face of a weak man. I asked him for help but he replied, ‘I am too weak, I cannot help you’. I then continued to run, with the snake still after me. Still running, I climbed a small hill. On the other side of the hill was a frightful blazing fire and many people were burning in it. I was about to fall in when a voice said, ‘Move back! You are not for this fire’.

I pulled myself back and started to run in the opposite direction with the snake still behind me. I met the same weak old man again. He started crying and said, ‘Regretfully,I am too weak to help you. Look over there. The round mountain you see is where the Muslims keep their deposit. Go there and if you have a deposit then Insha-Allah you will be able to gain it back’. I reached the round mountain and saw that there were windows decorated with silk curtains and gold doors decorated with beads. The angles started to announce, ‘Remove the curtains, open the doors, maybe this person has some deposit here which will save him from the snake’.

The windows opened and many faces of Madani children appeared. Amongst them was my late 2 year old daughter. Upon seeing me she started to cry out, ‘I swear by Allah zul jalal !This is my father’. She then jumped and came to me and held my right hand with her left hand. On seeing this, the gigantic snake turned and fled. Now I could relax. My daughter sat in my lap and whilst stroking my beard recited the 16th verse of Sura Hadeed, [Alam yani lilazena Aamanu an takhsha-a` qulubuhum lizikril-la-he wama nazala minal haq] [Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened ; and many of them are defiantly disobedient]

After hearing this verse from my lovely child, I began to cry. I asked her about the gigantic snake. She replied, ‘He was your bad deeds that you are increasing continuously. Your bad deeds in the form of the gigantic snake are about to take you into the Hellfire’. I asked who the weak old man was. She said, “He was your pious deeds. Since you carry out very few good deeds, he was too weak to challenge your bad deeds’. I asked, ‘What do you do upon this mountain?’ She replied, ‘The Muslim children who have passed away wait here for the Day of judgement. We wait for our parents so that when they arrive we can intercede on their behalf’. Then I awoke from my dream. I was deeply moved Alhamdu-Lillah. I sincerely repented for my sins.

Dear brothers and sisters when a person’s child passes away, that person is not at lost but instead the person gains something. The daughter of Sayyiduna Malik bin Dinar [RT]came in the dream of her father and changed him for a drunk and sinful person to a brightly shinning star in the ranks of piety!

No comments:

Post a Comment